The Claims Procedure
1-Contact our team
If you have suffered personal injury as a result of an accident that was not your fault contact a member of the Duncan Gibbins first response team. Our legally trained advisors will be on hand to take your call and provide friendly advice throughout the claims procedure.
There is no obligation to make a claim and you will not be charged if we decide not to pursue your claim. When making a phone call to enquire about a claim for personal injury it would be helpful if you are able to provide the following information:
- Time, date and location of the accident.
- The accident circumstances-who you believe to be at fault and why.
- Details of any other parties involved in the accident: If it was a car accident it would be helpful to have the registration and insurance details of the other driver.
- Information regarding your injuries and any treatment received.
2-No Win, No Fee Compensation
If we pursue your claim we will do so on a no win, no fee basis. If we believe that your claim has a reasonable chance of success we will advise you over the phone and send out a form of authority so that we are able to make a claim for compensation on your behalf.
3-Making Your Claim for Compensation
Once we have received authority to act on your behalf the claim will be allocated to an individual member of staff who will guide you through the claims process.
Your claims handler will:
- Send a letter of claim to the insurance company of the other party notifying them of your claim.
- Advise as to an approximate timescale for the completion of your claim.
- Investigate the accident if liability is disputed, gaining statements from witnesses and obtaining a police report where appropriate.
- Arrange a medical examination to assess the injuries sustained as a result of your accident.
- Assist with arranging physiotherapy and rehabilitation treatments if required.
- Help you to make a claim for any other expenses incurred in the accident; including loss of earnings, medical costs, travel expenses and the cost of any care and assistance provided.
- Be accessible by phone and email to answer any queries that you have in relation to any aspect of your claim.
- Provide a professional service and will work to settle your claim as efficiently as possible, while at the same time obtaining the best compensation settlement possible.
To start your personal injury claim call Duncan Gibbins on 0151 949 5757 or fill out an enquiry form and a member of our team will call you back.