An extra in the Transformers 3 movie has been awarded $18.5million in brain injury compensation after an accident during filming.
Gabriella Cedillo was hit on the head when she was driving a car as part of a stunt on the set in Hammond, Indiana in September 2010.
A cable snapped and smashed through the windscreen of her Toyota; she was immediately airlifted to hospital to receive treatment for her serious head injuries. A witness at the scene of the accident said:
“The cable snapped, and the cable went into the westbound lane where we were at and hit the girl’s car, smashed the windshield.
“From the way it looked, I don’t know if she was knocked out immediately or not but the…vehicle just went, it just kept going.”
Brain Injury Compensation Made After ‘Inadequate’ Safety Efforts
The law team representing Miss Cedillo told NBC that a ‘completely inadequate superficial weld had been applied in a failed effort to secure the bracket to the [stunt] car’.
She was working full-time as a bank teller when the accident happened and had been working as an extra to try and break into the film industry. As a result of the incident she has now suffered permanent brain damage. Her family lawyer told RadarOnline:
“She appears to be quite impaired with her ability to understand and appreciate everything. I’m not saying she’s not coping…and considering where people thought she would be- she’s fortunate.
“But she has the function of a small child right now.”
The accident happened on the penultimate day of filming for Transformers 3, which starred Shia LaBeouf, John Malkovich and Rosie Huntington-Whitely.
Brain Injury Compensation – Speak To A Specialist Solicitor
A brain injury claim, or head injury compensation claim need to be treated differently to any other type of claim for personal injury compensation.
Rehabilitation and aftercare is essential when someone has suffered a brain or head injury. At Duncan Gibbins Solicitors we understand that monetary compensation is just one part of a claim; that is why we have established links with rehabilitation providers and can provide advice on all aspects of your brain injury compensation claim.
Speak to a personal injury solicitor at Duncan Gibbins Solicitors on 0800 0193 515 for free, no obligation advice.
- Brain Injury Compensation – £1.75m Awarded Demolition Worker Awarded Multimillion-Pound Compensation Settlement A demolition worker who...
- Brain Injury Compensation – £5.6million Claimed From The NHS An 11-year-old girl has been awarded £5.6million in brain injury...
- Brain Injury Compensation – Settlement Awarded After 20-year Legal Battle Brain Injury Compensation – £3.35million Awarded A 25-year-old man has...
- Car Crash Victim Receives Seven Figure Brain Injury Compensation Settlement A man who was seriously injured in a car crash...
- £5.5m Brain Injury Compensation Awarded To Scooter Crash Victim A scooter rider who sustained catastrophic injuries when he was...