A construction firm from Pinner, Hertfordshire, has been fined £20,000 after one of its employees suffered serious personal injury after a fall from height.
During a refurbishment project in Hertfordshire the un-named 61 year old construction worker fell from a height of 5 metres, from a scaffold that had been erected at the property on Lancaster Avenue.
Stevenson’s P&H Ltd, who was the principal contractors on the project, had failed to provide suitable safety measures considering they were working at height.
Fall from Height Preventable with Suitable Edging
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) conducted an investigation into the fall from height that had caused such a serious work injury for the employee. It found that the project of refurbishment at a domestic property was full of basic safety errors.
The company had failed to provide suitable edge protection for the scaffolding that had been erected, something that would have gone some way to preventing a fall from height.
On May 27 2010, the unnamed 61 year old suffered multiple fractures after the fall from height, preventing him from returning to work as of yet due to the severity of his personal injury.
Accidents in the workplace are often caused by unsafe scaffolding, leading to sometimes serious personal injury that can be difficult to recover from. For individuals working within industries such as construction, a work injury can have a detrimental effect to their employment.
Suffered a Fall from Height – Speak to Work Injury Specialists
The workplace accident where a construction worker was involved in a fall from height was easily preventable should the company who employed him have put in place simple safety measures.
If you feel you have suffered injury due to the negligence of your employers, you could be entitled to seek work injury compensation.
Give Duncan Gibbins a call on where one of our work injury specialists can assist you with open and honest advice about a potential claim for personal injury compensation. Should you have suffered injury after a fall from height, it can be a long road back to recovery. Find out how our team can put you in touch with rehabilitation providers across the country, whilst seeking recompense that can cover medical expenses and missed employment.
- Apprentice Suffers Knee Injuries after Dangerous Scaffolding Fall A shipyard in Falmouth has been fined £6,000 after an...
- Trench Collapse Leaves Leisure Park Worker Injured A worker at a holiday park suffered serious injuries when...
- Work Accidents at Lead Smelting Works Results in Company Prosecution Two separate work accidents at a Derbyshire lead smelting works...
- Lorry Accident Injures Worker Leading to Packaging Company Fine An employee of the Corrugated Case Company Ltd was seriously...
- St Helens Steel Manufacturer Fined due to Worker’s Hand Injuries A worker at a St Helens steel manufacturer suffered serious...