contact duncan gibbins about your personal injury

Call For FREE Advice:

0151 949 5757

duncan gibbins corporate logoVisit the DG Academyarrow button

duncan gibbins corporate logo


Grandmother Claims Road Accident Compensation After Being Hit By Police Car

A 91-year-old grandmother is making a claim for road accident compensation after she was struck by a police car when crossing the road near her home in Gwynedd, Wales.

Road Accident Compensation

Grandmother is seeking road accident compensation after accident with a police car

The Daily Post has reported how the family of Beryl Evans are making a claim for road accident compensation on her behalf, after she suffered fractures to her thigh, arm, elbow and finger as a result of the incident.

Beryl spent seven months in hospital after the accident occurred in December of last year. She now receives care in a nursing home and it unlikely that she will ever walk again. Her daughter, Yvonne Foy, said:

“Before the collision my mum was an independent women who would regularly go for an afternoon stroll to keep fit.

“It was just eight days before Christmas and the entire family spent the festive period worried sick and taking turns to be at her bedside.”

Road Accident Compensation Claimed To Cover Costs Of Care

During a hearing in July, the officer driving the vehicle at the time of the accident was cleared of dangerous driving at Dolgellau Magistrates’ Court.

However the family has now launched a civil claim for road accident compensation to allow Beryl to receive the care and assistance that she requires. Her solicitor said:

“This is a horrific case that has seen Beryl go from being an active elderly woman to needing 24-hour support.

“She is a shadow of the lady she once was which is very hard for her family to come to terms with.”

The North Wales Police force are now investigating the incident and stated that the ‘matter has been dealt with in court and it would be inappropriate to comment publicly’.

Duncan Gibbins Solicitors deal with all types of claims for personal injury compensation. To speak to a member of our team call .

Related posts:

  1. I have had a Road Traffic Accident – What Should I do? Steps to take after a road traffic accident No one...
  2. Road Accident Claims Road Accident Claims: Bogus Companies Closed Down   In 2010/11,...
  • picture of a man
    Contact Duncan Gibbins
    1. Can I make a claim?
      ...need free advice?

  • Recent Posts

  • News Archive

click here to ask duncan gibbins a question

Type your question here. Please Note: We find our clients are more likely to receive the answer they're looking for when they enter more detailed questions.